- What is Secondary Double Glazing?
- Secondary glazing is another window fitted on the
inside of you existing window, our system is aluminium
with a timber sub-frame, it is some times called secondary
- How do I get a Secondary
Double Glazing quotation?
- In order to obtain a quotation we will need
widths x heights x style (two panel vertical slider,
three panel horizontal slider, hinged unit etc)
You would be well advised to have a good look at the
options available and which of those suits your requirements
for the final operation of the products.
- Will Secondary
Double Glazing eliminate draughts?
- Yes, but we recommend that you draught proof the existing
window as well
- Will Secondary
Double Glazing reduce noise?
- Yes, considerably, for extra sound proofing consider
a different thickness of glass to the existing glass,
different thicknesses cut out different wave lengths
giving improved noise reduction.
Also consider laminated glass
for improved sound reduction, apart from ordinary laminated
glass there is now a new generation of acoustic laminated
For additional reduction of noise
pollution leave a 4" (104mm) cavity, line the reveals
with acoustic tiles leaving a 3mm gap between the tiles
and the prime window. Once again draught proofing the
existing window is vitally important, you would be amazed
that people/firms do not carry out this basic requirement
- Will Secondary Glazing
reduce heat loss?
- Yes, the cavity formed between the prime and secondary
windows is an effective thermal insulator, if the cavity
is more than 4" (104mm) then you can get thermal
currents within it that will decrease the insulation
- How do I place and pay for my order for Secondary
- You can order by email; please see the top of the page for our email address
We accept secure credit card
payments over the telephone: 01325 310520, We accept
the following credit cards: visa, switch and mastercard.
You can post us a cheque, made
payable to Protech Direct
Direct, Blue Bridge Centre,
Horndale Avenue, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham,
DL5 6DS, UK
- How long will delivery take?
- Delivery takes between 2 - 4 weeks (6 weeks for remote
- What are the advantages of Secondary Glazing?
- The advantages are: Reduced noise pollution, Lower
heating costs, Added Security, Increased Comfort
- How long would it take to install?
- Installation, either by yourself or us (within
the north east of England) is quick, mess free and stress
free. all secondary glazing units come fully assembled
and glazed, please do not confuse our product with diy
kits, our product is good enough for the managers office
of our local NatWest Bank and a £35,000 installation
for Industrial Estates Scotland.
- What tools will I need to install secondary glazing?
- the sub-frames are predrilled, so you will need
a screw driver or better still a cordless.
Once again we must stress that
the product arrives to you fully assembled, glazed and